Micah 6:8

He has showed you what is good and what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

July 4, 2014

July 4, 2014
Our baby girl just got married!

Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

How long does it take you to get dressed in the morning? It takes me at least thirty minutes before I am ready to get dressed. I like to have my tea and check in with God before I shower and get dressed. Choosing clothes to wear sometimes takes a little extra time, especially if I haven't thought about it the night before. Yet, the actual act of getting dressed only takes a few minutes. But that isnt' really what I want to write about today. What I really want to think about is the part of the sermon on Sunday when Stjeve challenged us to think about how long we take to get dressed spiritually in the morning. Are we preparing ourselves for the day? We know there will be things to deal with as the day progresses. So, are we clothed for the elements? during this time of year, I like to wear my driving gloves when I go out in the morning. That steering wheel is cold in January! I also like it when one of the girls is my chauffeur. The point of the matter is that I know it will be cold, so I put on my gloves.

Well, we also know the enemy, Satan, is prowling around like a roaring lion, seeking to kill and destroy. If I know that powerful enemy is out there hoping to mess up my walk with God, I need to be prepared! Before I even get out of bed in the morning I am praying, thanking God for a new day to serve Hima and praising Him for how good He is. That is the best way for me to start my day on the right foot - "feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace."(Ephesians 6:15) I know it will be a battle, so I put on my armor. As a family, on school days, we do a daily devotion together, hopefully equipping us with some truth for the day. Tim joined us today. :) We read about being a positive example to our fellow believers, causing them to mature in their faith. How true that is in the area of putting on our armor each day, so we can live victoriously and be a good example of how a Christian can live out his faith in everyday circumstances.

If we find ourselves racing around in the morning, without giving God a thought, we are setting ourselves up for defeat. I've had morningls like that. Those are the days that I find myslef thinking of myself first,instead of others. I snap at the kids when they aren't ready, and I foolishly (and silently) fume and resent my huband because the kids aren't ready and it MUST be HIS fault! I can't backtrack and make the bad decisions go away, but I can ask for forgiveness and do the next right thing, breathing a prayer to my Heavenly Father who loves me, forgives me and gives me the strength I need to face the battles in my day.

So, let's think about getting dressed for battle each morning, and when we fail at putting on the full armor of God, let us remember to seek God and do the next right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment