Micah 6:8

He has showed you what is good and what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

July 4, 2014

July 4, 2014
Our baby girl just got married!

Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Power Is Out
It’s a windy and rainy night near the Blackwoods of Maine! Kristina and I got to spend the evening with one of my brothers at a basketball game. How fun it was to watch my sixteen year old nephew play, and we got to see many friends from our old hometown. On the way home the rain was heavy and the wind was strong, and as the snow was melting, the fog was growing. We arrived at home and the lights were out. At first I thought my silly husband didn’t turn the light on for us! I realized my error when I looked at the surrounding clues… no lights on the church sign, dark houses in the neighborhood… When we entered the house, my dear husband met us at the door with a flashlight as Kristina said, “So the power’s out, huh?” I realized that I sometimes feel like that. You know the kind of days. It’s when we just can’t seem to get out of our own way! The power is out. My mind is foggy and unfocused, my physical energy is sapped and even the most menial task seems daunting. I try many things to get myself out of such a funk. Sometimes it is simply because I have not gotten the rest I need and a nap or early bed time will do the trick. Sometimes it is because I have not taken care of myself physically and I need to fast from the “unhealthy” foods. Other times I simply need to get up and move to get my adrenaline going and I perk right up. But most of the time the cause of my fatigue is a result of emotional fatigue. As my son, Tim, so eloquently put it when he was four, “I just have too many thinkings going on in my brain!” When this is the cause, I can find the stamina to carry on when I go to my Lord in prayer and hand the cares of this world over to Him. It is amazing how organized and manageable my “to do” list can become when I trust the very One I do it all for.
The Power Is Back On

No comments:

Post a Comment